Optimal Selection™ Feline
Our leading genetic testing panel for both pedigreed and mixed-breed cats includes 40+ genetic health tests, plus blood type, along with traits and genetic diversity.
Our preferred testing panel for cat breeders, Optimal Selection Feline, is breed-focused and backed by science, for use on any pedigreed or mixed-breed cat to screen for health, traits, blood type, and genetic diversity. We’ve taken the latest scientific research on cat population genetics and developed a simple and easy at–home swab test for the modern breeder to manage their cats' health and help reduce guesswork on litter colors and traits. Our genome-wide testing panel provides advantages over traditional techniques such as pedigree analysis, and helps breeders to develop proactive, sustainable breeding programs for themselves and their wider breed. It's no surprise that Optimal Selection Feline is used by breeders, veterinarians and researchers worldwide. The test includes:
- Results for over 40 genetic diseases, with breed relevance noted in reports
- Testing for 20+ traits including coat colors, coat types, and body shape
- Comprehensive blood typing
- Genetic diversity information
- Continuously updated research and breed information based on new discoveries
Optimal Selection™ DNA service for cats is a genome-wide genetic analysis that gives information on several inherited characteristics. All received DNA test results are reported online to your user account in the secured Optimal Selection™ database.
Included Health Tests
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 1)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 2)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 3)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 4)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 5) - NEW!
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome
- Blood Type
- Burmese Head Defect
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome (Discovered in Persian cats) - NEW!
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome
- Cystinuria Type 1A
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 1)
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 2)
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 3)
- Dihydropyrimidinase Deficiency
- Earfold and Osteochondrodysplasia (Discovered in the Scottish Fold)
- Factor XII Deficiency (Variant 1)
- Factor XII Deficiency (Variant 2) - NEW!
- Familial Episodic Hypokalaemic Polymyopathy (Discovered in Burmese)
- Glutaric Aciduria Type II - NEW!
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- GM1 Gangliosidosis
- GM2 Gangliosidosis
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in Burmese cats) - NEW!
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in domestic shorthair cats)
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in japanese domestic cats)
- Hemophilia B (Variant 1)
- Hemophilia B (Variant 2)
- Hyperoxaluria type II
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (Discovered in Maine Coon)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (Discovered in Ragdoll)
- Hypotrichosis (Discovered in Sacred Birman)
- Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VI (G1558A variant) - NEW!
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VI (T1427C variant)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VII
- Mucopolysaccharidosis VII
- Multidrug Resistance 1
- Myotonia Congenita
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (rdAc-PRA)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (Discovered in Bengal cats)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (Discovered in Persian cats) - NEW!
- Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency
- Sphingomyelinosis (Variant 1)
- Sphingomyelinosis (Variant 2)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Vitamin D-Dependent Rickets
Included Trait Tests
Agouti (A) Locus:
- Charcoal (Apb)
- Non-Agouti (a)
Brown (B) Locus:
- Chocolate (b)
- Cinnamon (bl)
Color (C) Locus:
- Colorpoint (cb)
- Colorpoint (cs)
- Mocha (cm) - NEW!
- Albinism (c)
Extension (E) Locus:
- Amber (e)
- Russet (er)
Dilution (D) Locus:
- Dilution (d)
- Gloves (Birman - White feet)
- White Spotting/Dominant White
Other Coat Types:
- Glitter coat - NEW and EXCLUSIVE to Wisdom Health
- Hairlessness (Discovered in Sphynx)
- Long hair (mutation M1)
- Long hair (mutation M2)
- Long hair (mutation M3)
- Long hair (mutation M4)
- Lykoi coat (mutation Ca) - NEW!
- Lykoi coat (mutation VA) - NEW!
- Rexing (discovered in Cornish Rex and German Rex)
- Rexing (discovered in Devon Rex)
- Short tail (discovered in Japanese Bobtail cats)
- Short tail (discovered in Manx), two variants
- Polydactyly (mutation HW)
- Polydactyly (mutation UK1)
- Polydactyly (mutation UK2)